Students must be certified in CPR at the required level in order to participate in clinical activities.
• Students must provide evidence of current CPR certification to the Nursing Advisor.
• Students must obtain and maintain current CPR certification.
• This certification must be at either American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider" level or the American Red Cross "Professional Rescuer" level.
• Students are responsible for providing a copy of their current CPR card to the Nursing Advisor to be kept on file in the Nursing Department.
• Students will not be permitted to participate in clinical experiences until this requirement is met.
• Students who do not submit current certification by the due date will be administratively un-enrolled in clinical courses until this requirement is met. This may result in late registration fees that will be the responsibility of the student.
• Students are responsible for any costs incurred to obtain certification.
• Any falsification of submitted documentation will not be tolerated and is grounds for disciplinary action by the department of nursing.
Faculty Approved: 9/2006