1. Applicants who have completed at least 12 credits or one full term of study at any accredited institution of higher education are defined as transfer students. To be considered as a transfer student, an applicant must have a cumulative QPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale.
2. Applicants will submit a 300-600 word essay on why they have chosen to become a nurse.
3. Applicants who have completed less than 30 college credits will be evaluated on their academic performance in high school( including SAT/ACT scores) and college/ university performance.
4. Applicants who have completed 30 or more college credits will be evaluated on their academic performance in college or university.
5. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria will be considered on an individual basis if space is available.
6. All transfer applicants will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Department of Nursing.
7. Nursing courses with a clinical component taken at another school are not accepted for transfer credit.
Faculty approval: 8/04