Robert Morris University recognizes and encourages free and open expression among all members of the University Community. This expression is extended to the privilege of assembly or demonstration. As a private institution of higher learning, Robert Morris University reserves the right to establish guidelines which will guarantee and protect the safety, security and well being of its members. To these ends the following have been adopted:
- Demonstrations and assemblies must be registered with the Student Affairs Office.
- Any demonstration or assembly on the campus must be peaceful and not present a hazard to the safety of others or risk damage to property.
- Demonstrations and assemblies must be respectful of the rights and differing points of view of others.
- Demonstrations and assemblies may not prevent the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic to and from the campus, its buildings or facilities.
- Outside persons are not welcome to join demonstrations or assemblies at Robert Morris University unless invited officially by the office of Academic Affairs or the Student Affairs Office.