1.1 It is the policy of Robert Morris University to require all newly hired employees to have an orientation within the first three days of employment.
2.1 This policy applies to full-time and regular part-time employees.
3.1 Employees are informed of the orientation by the Human Resources Department.
3.1.1 Each orientee is given an Administrative Policy and Human Resources manual.
3.1.2 A Human Resources Orientation Checklist is to be completed and placed in the employee's personnel file.
3.2 Employees who have begun working prior to the orientation date are to be released from duties within the department on the orientation date.
3.2.1 Department managers will be notified of the date of the orientation by the Human Resources Department.
3.2.2 Employees are to be paid for the time spent at the orientation.
3.3 The orientation conducted by the Human Resources Department is to include, but is not limited to the following topics:
- University organization and provide organization chart
- Campus layout and map
- Confirmation of salary/hourly rate
- Exempt/non-exempt status and compensation practices
- Fringe benefit program
- Long term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Flexible benefits program
- Tuition scholarship program
- Travel insurance
- All other applicable benefits and issues
- Administrative and Human Resources Policies including, but not limited to:
- Problem solving process
- Job promotion/transfer procedure
- Sexual harassment policy
- Smoking policy
- Drug and alcohol free workplace
- Pay day
- Campus security program and crime statistics
- Parking program
- Safety orientation/hepatitis B vaccination program (for applicable job classifications)
- Employment forms
3.4 Department managers are to conduct their department specific orientation.
3.4.1 A Department Checklist is to be completed and placed in the employee's personnel file.
220.127.116.11 The Human Resources Department will provide the department manager with a checklist for each new employee.