Students enrolled in Bachelor Degree Programs or who have earned Bachelor Degrees at Robert Morris may pursue a second degree/major providing they are in good academic standing and meet specific requirements of the targeted degree/major. Current programs with specific criteria are Accounting, Education, Engineering, and Finance. (Please see department head for specific details.)
Undergraduate Dual Degree/Dual Major Procedure
Criteria for students who are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Degree Program:
- The student meets all applicable guidelines for earning a B.S.B.A., B.A., B.S., B.S.N, or B.F.A degree (core, residency, etc.). Students must complete the requirements (of the secondary major) which are in effect at the time the addition of a second major is approved.
- Students entering the Dual Major program must declare one major as primary and the other as secondary. The primary majors will be used to designate the department within which the student is studying, award academic honors, and determine academic performance.
- Each major will be recorded on an official transcript when all program requirements for the major are completed. If a student applies for a B.S.B.A., B.A., B.S., B.S.N., or B.F.A degree and meets the requirements for either major but not both, the student will be graduated from the completed major only. The student may return as a post-baccalaureate student to complete the requirement(s) for the second major.
Criteria for students who have graduated from Robert Morris with a Bachelor Degree:
- Students must complete the requirements of the second major which are in effect at the time of reinstatement.
- Upon returning to RMU, students must change their program code to indicate a Secondary Major/Second Degree. The Academic Services Office will assist the student in filing a change of major form or reinstatement form.
- Once the program requirements for the second major have been completed, the student must file a request to have the second major or degree recorded on his/her transcript. The form is available in the Academic Services Office.
Revised October 2007