- Ph.D., American Literature, Indiana University Of Pennsylvania, 2000
- Master of Arts, American Literature, Indiana University Of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Bachelor of Arts, English, Penn State, 1984
Mentoring Magic (2011)
Outstanding Academic Advisor (2008)
Area of Expertise/Research
- American Literature
- Women's Literature
- Multicultural Literature
- Klentzin, J.C. & Bucci, D. T. (2012) "Part-time Faculty and the Academic Library: A Case Study." The Journal of Academic Librarianship.
- Bucci, D.T. (Fall 2010). "The Clothes Make the Man (and Woman): The Performative Enactment of Identity in Tawni O'Dell's Back Roads." Americana: The Journal of American Popular Culture (1900-present).
- Bucci, D. T. (Summer 2010). "Integrated Literature: Using Multi-Ethnic Literature in the Undergraduate Classroom." Teaching American Literature: A Journal of Theory and Practice."
- Bucci, D. T. (Spring 2010). "Blood and Iron: The Inescapable Familial and Cultural Bonds in Anzia Yezierska's Bread Givers. Peer English.
- Bucci, D. T. (2007). "Ethnicity and the American Dream: Teaching Literature to Non-Majors." In American Dreams:Comparative Dialogues in U.S. Studies.Cambridge: Cambridge Scholars Press.
- Bucci, D. T. (Winter 2007). "Chinese Americans and the Borderland Experience on Golden Mountain: The Development of a Chinese American Identity in The Woman Warrior: A Girlhood Among Ghosts." Ethnic StudiesReview.
- 2011 - "Mining for Meaning: The Mining Industry as Portrayed by Upton Sinclair and Tawni O'Dell." Presented at the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Cultural Association conference
- 2011 - "I Had Been as Easy to Rape as the Land He Owned: An Ecofeminist Reading of Tawni O'Dell's Sister Mine." Presented at the Northern Appalachian Network conference
- 2009 - "Women and Ethnics Encouraged to Apply: Teaching the American Dream in the Undergraduate Classroom." Presented at the College English Association conference
- 2009 - "Conflicting Identities: The Borderland Experience in Chinese American Literature." Presented at WVU's 33rd Annual Colloquium on Literature and Film
- 2008 - "Bridging the Gap: Incorporating Ethnic American Literature into the College Classroom." Presented at the English Assoc. of Penn State Universities conference
- 2004 - "Teaching the Research Paper in the Undergraduate Classroom." Presented at the CEA of Ohio conference
- 2004 - "The Stuff that Dreams are Made of: August Wilson's Portrayal of the American Dream." Presented at the Northeast MLA conference
- 2003 - "The American Dream in African American Women's Literature: The Black Femal Protagonist's Pursuit of Upward Mobility." Presented at the Central NY Conference on Language and Literatures conference
- 2003 - "The American Dream in Literature: The Role of the Borderland in the Ethnic's Pursuit of Upward Mobility." Presented at the Nat'l Assoc of Ethnic Studies conference
- 2003 - "African American Literature and the American Dream." Presented at the National Association of African American Studies conference
Schedule of Courses
Schedule Book for All Active and Available Future Terms, Todd, Diane
|ELIT2030-A||02:00-03:15 PM|| T R||M||Todd||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||28 Seats
|ELIT2080-B||12:30-01:45 PM|| T R||M||Todd||1 (08/26-12/14/13)||24 Seats